Shopping guide - The best photo album
Save all your well organized photos in a photo album is a plus of comfort and benefits for you and your memory. We just want to explain the different photo albums that exist and make a simple analysis of the options that exist in the market.
What is a photo album
A photo album is a book where you can organize your best moments and your memories physically or online, where you can put your heart into it and can transport you to past moments just by immersing yourself in its pages.
But what do you need to make a good album of Photos? The first thing is to have all the photos organized and ready to place them in the album you want. You need to have desire, to have creativity and time to make a creation that lasts forever. You have to know what kind of album you want; In what format and size and how many photos will you place on it. An album for your silver wedding is not the same as an album of your holidays in Mallorca.
You must choose the paper you want to use, the type of opening, the budget you want to invest in this treasure of memories, etc; and although all this seems very complicated is not, we tell you the differences.
What is the difference between album and book
In the table below, we show you the main differences between a photo album and a photobook for that you choose the one that suits you according to your objective.
Traditional or digital photo album printed
The traditional albums have existed for years, who has not seen these albums as we all have at home? Of course all the photographs used to have the same size and format and the development was a rite. Go to the store with the reel, pray that they were well made and be surprised with the result. Today, we have unseated the printed album by folders of photos lost on the computer . Do you not miss the availability and speed of reaching out and reaching the photos of your trips, your vacations or your childhood?
Within the different types of albums there is also the digital format album which adapts the size of the photographs to the pages; having the possibility to choose the format, the number of photos per page, photo captions and everything you want. In addition, the difference with analog printing is that you will not have to enlarge any photos after they have been developed, in the process of creating your album you can choose the sizes you want.
Photo album sizes
The size of the album Photos must be chosen in accordance with the photographs you want to put on it. If you prefer small photos, you can choose a Smartálbum, if you want landscape photos the best thing could be a square Maxi. We leave you the measurements of our albums and photo books so you can compare yourself and decide.
Open your album
The opening of your photo album will make you see the photos 100 % or as a normal book; we have these two options.
◘ Opening of 180: This panoramic opening is ideal for our landscape photographs, or to put the double-page photos on the same page, it is also known as Lay Flat.
◘ Classic opening (Photo books): it is the opening that we find in all the normal books.
Tapas of your album / Types of covers
The covers are a very important part of your album; It is the wrapper to a world of photos and memories. The cover is the first thing we will see before opening the album, you have to take into account what images you are going to use, what title and what material. You can choose between two types of covers, one stiffer and one softer and padded.
Paper types from your album and print format
Now that you have all the photos chosen; you have included the photo captions that you wanted and you have adjusted your photos on each page, you just have to decide what kind of paper you want to use in your album.
The difference of print is in the used paper and how to print it. The digital printing is done with coated paper of 500 gr / m² with a glossy finish and the photographic print, as its own name indicates, is made on an anti-fingerprint photo paper. The thickness of the sheets is approximately 0.8 mm if it has up to 33 pages, and 0.45 from 34 pages.
- Photo paper : with more vibrant and real colors and greater resistance to wear.
- Paper standard : 118 g / m²
- Digital printing paper : premium quality paper with rigid sheets of 500 g / m²
- Glossy paper : also known as Coated paper is a glossy and very smooth paper, with absence of pores and great softness.
- Anti-fingerprint paper : only exists in premium version.
Types of photo album we offer
Once you are clear about the type of album you are looking for, we show you the albums we have available in Hofmann
1. Vertical photo album: 180 ° opening and 21 x 29 cm size. It has no limit of photos per page and you can create from 18 to 122 pages.
2. Smartalbum: With different sizes this small album is ideal for photos of your mobile because they will be placed automatically. It has 24 to 48 pages.
3. Maxi Photo Album: Our square format album is ideal for unleashing your imagination and for you to print your most spectacular photos in this giant size.
4. Landscape album: With a 180 ° aperture, this photo album is perfect for landscape photos. If you have impressive pictures of your vacation, this is your album.
5. Album of professional photo paper: With an anti-fingerprint paper, it has a capacity of 18 to 98 pages. This album is ideal for great moments.
6. Baby Album: Perfect for babies to use because of the stiffness of the pages and their rounded corners; It contains easily washable pages for when they stain them.
7. Premium Album: The ideal album for weddings, baptisms and communions. Anti-fingerprint photo paper and tissue bag to transport it.
I want to create my photo album
How to create a photo album
➞Choose your photo album ➞ Choose your photos and texts ➞ Add your extra options and type of paper
To create your album you can create it from automatically by choosing the model you want and uploading the photos to the album automatically ordered in the pages, and then adding text.
You can also do it manually choosing each design and background per page, deciding which photos go on which page and adding illustrations and texts wherever you want.
Whatever your choice, we guarantee that it will be a good choice. If you want to start with your album, we advise you to take a look at this tutorial we have created for you on "how to create your own photo album".
The post Shopping guide - The best photo album appeared first on Hofmann Blog.